Tacky Tape® SM5142BY is a sealant tape developed for vacuum bagging operations. This product has been formulated to outperform all tapes in its class.
With aggressive initial tack, it will maintain an air-tight seal during the cure cycle, yet strip clean from the tool, with virtually no trace of residue.
It provides easy, almost effortless de-bagging, and minimal to no clean-up between production cycles. It exhibits excellent usage and release characteristics from composite and metal tools, in both oven and autoclave applications.
- Easy to apply by hand (User friendly)
- Ideal for oven or autoclave cure
- Excellent release from composite tooling
- Uses include: debulking/ compacting, envelope bagging, resin damming, or as pressure strip
- Has been shown to survive 30 debulking cycles
- Room temperature to 400°F (204°C) cure cycles
- Maintains adhesion during low temperature cycling
- Strips clean from various tools surfaces leaving no residue
- Good adhesion to various films & tool surfaces
- 1/2″ x 1/8″ x 25′ Roll
- Bright Yellow